The Swiss authorities online

Jump to content

Tax return - Requesting an extension

Tax returns must be completed and sent to the authorities within a certain period, which is normally 30 days. Applications with the cantonal tax authorities for an extension are almost always granted.

Depending on where you live, applications should be submitted – usually in writing – either to the cantonal tax administration or the tax office in your commune of residence. Online services and forms are available in many areas.