The Swiss authorities online

Jump to content

Studying at a higher education institution or a professional education institution: university of applied sciences, university, ETH or PET colleges.

When you have completed your upper-secondary education (Federal Vocational Baccalaureate, Baccalaureate or Specialised Baccalaureate) you may choose to continue your studies. Tertiary education includes:

  • Professional education and training (PET) colleges, Federal PET Diploma Examination and Advanced Federal PET Diploma Examination

Professional education and training

  • Higher education institutions such as universities, the Federal Institutes of Technology (ETHZ, EPFL), universities of applied sciences and universities of teacher education

Universities and federal institutes of technology

Ranking of Swiss universities

Universities of applied sciences (UAS)

Universities of teacher education