The Swiss authorities online

Jump to content

Moving house - Changing schools

Notify the current school

Children go to a school in their local area. This means that when they move to another area they also have to change school. Make sure you tell the current school and local education authority in good time.

Give notice to the school authorities

Contact your local commune’s education authority to officially inform them that your child is leaving their current school or kindergarten.

Register at the new school

You can contact your child’s new school or your new commune’s education authority to transfer your child if this is not done automatically by the current school or commune.

Register with the education authority