The Swiss authorities online

Jump to content

Exchanging your licence

Do you still have a blue, paper driving licence? Since 1 April 2003 drivers are issued a credit-card format driving licence.

Do I have to exchange my old licence for the new format?

You only have to exchange your old licence if your details change (e.g. you change your name or address).

Exchange your licence

If you want to exchange your licence for the new format, go to the website of your canton’s road traffic office.