The Swiss authorities online

Jump to content

Recognition of foreign upper secondary academic qualifications

Did you obtain your upper secondary academic qualification (Matura, Baccalauréat, Abitur, Secondary School Leaving Certificate, etc.) outside of Switzerland and now wish to pursue higher education in Switzerland?

Find out in good time whether your upper-secondary academic qualification is equivalent to Switzerland’s upper-secondary baccalaureate and whether you can be admitted to a Swiss higher education institution. More information can be obtained from the Rectors’ Conference of the Swiss Universities (CRUS).

Information on admission requirements for foreign nationals wishing to enrol at a Swiss higher education institution:

Please send your admission application directly to the higher education institution that you wish to attend.

Cantonal universities and federal institutes of technology (FITs)